It’s Tasting Tuesday at Taste Winchester History and, as you should now know, that means we’re stopping into some local establishment to taste something, to talk food and beverages and events and whatever else happens to cross our minds! This week we popped into The Crush Wine Bar on Valley Avenue in Winchester, Virginia for a little Pinot Grigio and to talk upcoming events in and around Winchester, Virginia – including our own weekend food & beer tours of course!
We were pleased to learn of an upcoming event at Crush Wine Bar to include a visit of their own from Parés Baltà Winery… (click on the link to learn about this family-owned winery in Spain) >>> a four-course meal and a sampling of various wines and presentations from representatives from Parés Baltà Winery will be on hand, too! The menu is incomplete as of this post, but it will be coming out shortly, so save the date, it’s April 10th, 2019! So let’s talk about what else is coming up in the future weekends.
- Friday and Saturday, March 23 & 24, 2019, Shaffer’s Barbecue and Market is having a seafood extravaganza. Misty recently returned after our Shaffer’s Tasting Tuesday segment to enjoy crab cakes there. Woot! Looks like they have a ton of stuffed planned for the weekend.
- March 23rd, 2019 is Oyster Fest in Bluemont at Dirt Farm Brewing Company, totally worth the travel if you love oysters like we love oysters!
- March 24th, 2019, Paladin Bar & Grill is Stephen’s City has a “Boozy Brunch” with special brunch features and drink specials.
- March 30th, Sona Restaurant, if you like Indian Food… or even if you think you don’t, you haven’t tried what Sona and Executive Chef Shiv have to offer, another on our favorites list. They’re doing a Holi Dinner, which is slated to include between 6 and 8 courses, so come with an appetite!
- April 5th, 2019 at Veramar Vineyard in Berryville, it’ll be Food Truck Friday. We love chasing food trucks! We’re all about food trucks, and most recently enjoyed the Crash Test Yummies Motor Restaurant. We horked down some of their delicious chili and we’ll be doing a Tasting Tuesday with CTY very soon.
- April 6th , 2019 the Stephens City Lion’s Club is doing their pancake breakfast, for all of you pancake lovers.
And let’s not forget that Easter is coming with a whole host of places having special holiday events and/or offerings. Village Square Restaurant in Old Town Winchester is doing an Easter Day Brunch (make reservations). Also on May 5th they have a Cinco de Mayo event and a Mother’s Day Brunch are also forthcoming. Definitely call early on those as they tend to fill up quick.
And of course let’s not forget our very own Taste Winchester History HIstoric Food Tours on Saturdays and our History & Hops Beer & Cider Tours on Sundays! And we also offer Private Winchester Food Tours!
That’s all for now from Crush Wine Bar, but we’ll be back for a feature just on Crush on one of our future Tasting Tuesdays. In the meantime for more information about additional events coming up but not on the list above, take 10 minutes and watch the video below:
CRUSH WINE BAR
3031-103 Valley Avenue
Winchester, VA 22601
@TheCrushWineBar on Facebook