Self Guided Historic Winchester Food Tour
What to Expect on the Tour
You’ll experience Old Town Winchester with a new eye on this tour. Explore the significance of buildings you’ve walked by before, hear about the men and women that made Winchester come to life, and sample food from Old Town’s unique restaurants along the way.
We’ll make sure you have fun with interesting historical facts, pointing out the best architecture, and telling you the stories behind the owners.
Our self guided tour is perfect for any group that wants to explore even during our active pandemic. You will have complete control over your timeline and group as you meander through town with our guided videos and stops directly with your cell phone! You choose your day and starting time and just follow our advice.
The self guided tour includes tour access on one device, for one low cost for your entire group. Your food purchases are up to you so you can better control your budget and choose food items that fit you with recommendations from us so you can try something new or experiment and go outside your comfort zone a bit!
– Our self guided tours are $25 per group.
– Tour days and times are chosen by you, best on Fri, Sat, Sun
– Cell phone is needed to follow the guide
– You have 15 days to complete the tour from time of purchase
Explore 5-6 Unique Stops
Winchester’s eclectic collection of restaurants continues to grow. This tour will take you on a taste sensation through samples and stories about how they got started and why you should come back again and again. Here are a few you might pop into on your tour:
The Hideaway Cafe
Espresso Bar and Cafe
Fellowship of the Sip, Organic Tea House
Sexi Mexi Burrito Bar
Snow White Grill
Tropical Island Coffee & Cafe
Frequently Asked Questions
How many people can be included in the self-guided tour?
We have not put a limit in place but request guests keep their groups lower than the current suggested group gatherings suggested by the CDC. Groups lower then 10 people are best for our restaurants in any case as many are smaller in size.
Is food included on the tour?
On our self guided tours the food is NOT included. This gives you more flexibility for taking the tour on your own time, and choosing what fits your personal budget.
Is the price per person or group?
Our self guided tours are priced per GROUP! This is a great discount so you can enjoy our tours on your own as a group. Food is NOT included in our self guided tours, you will need to purchase your own food at each restaurant. We include suggestions and some restaurants have specials for our tour guests.
Where does the tour meet?
Exact suggested starting location will be provided in your tour account.
Do tickets have to be purchased in advance?
Yes – our self guided tours need to be purchased before starting the tour, but can be done so moments before, though we do suggest at least 24 hours in case you have problems logging into your account!
Are children welcome on the food tour?
- Participants are expected to behave respectfully to others including, but not limited to guides, other tour participants, members of the public, and towards the property of others, including but not limited to shared facilities and public environment.
- Participants are expected to obey all local, federal, and Commonwealth of Virginia laws. This includes all Covid guidelines.
- This Code of Conduct is outlined as such and serves as a guideline for all Taste Winchester History participants to follow. We want all participants to have a fun and interesting time and enjoy what Winchester, Virginia has to offer. Your cooperation and patronage are appreciated.
How much walking is involved?
What should I wear?
Is this tour good for local Winchester residents?
Can I schedule an in person guided tour?
We hope to be back to in person tours as soon as things return to normal.