Historic Winchester Food Tour
What to Expect on the Tour
You’ll experience Old Town Winchester with a new eye on this tour. Explore the significance of buildings you’ve walked by before, hear about the men and women that made Winchester come to life, and sample food from Old Town’s unique restaurants along the way.
We’ll make sure you have fun with interesting historical facts, pointing out the best architecture, and telling you the stories behind the chefs. All of the food is included in the tour price, and we throw in the laughs for free!
Explore 5-6 Unique Stops
Winchester’s eclectic collection of restaurants continues to grow. This tour will take you on a taste sensation through samples and stories about how they got started and why you should come back again and again. Here are a few we might pop into on your tour:
The Hideaway Cafe
Espresso Bar and Cafe
Fellowship of the Sip, Organic Tea House
Sexi Mexi Burrito Bar
The German Table
Tropical Island Coffee & Cafe
The food/history tour of Winchester was great. So much delicious food/beverages and little bits of local history. Really recommed this!
October 10, 2018
I have loved living in Winchester for the past fifteen years, but today, I fell in love with it all over again! We did the food and history tour given by Misty and Anthony, a dynamic duo! We immensely enjoyed being in their company and all the amazing food and history that they presented to us. They have wonderful relationships with the owners of the restaurants, who personally gave us beautiful presentations of their food and history of their restaurants. We felt so welcomed by everyone we met and made to feel like part for he community. We are looking forward to taking other tours that you are working on. Thank you so much for all the time and love you have invested in this little town we call home;)
January 26, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
Where does the tour meet?
Do tickets have to be purchased in advance?
Are children welcome on the food tour?
- Participants may reschedule their tour for a new date with 7-days’ advanced notice. There are no refunds.
- Participants are expected to behave respectfully to others including, but not limited to guides, other tour participants, members of the public, and towards the property of others, including but not limited to shared facilities and public environment.
- Participants are expected to obey all local, federal, and Commonwealth of Virginia laws. Violations of any law is grounds for dismissal from the tour without a refund.
- Drunk and/or Disorderly Conduct is grounds for dismissal from the tour without a refund.
- Taste Winchester History reserves the right to stop a tour if participants violate the Code of Conduct. No refund will be given, and the participants must pay the full compensation for any damages that might have been caused.
- This Code of Conduct is outlined as such and serves as a guideline for all Taste Winchester History participants to follow. We want all participants to have a fun and interesting time and enjoy what Winchester, Virginia has to offer. Your cooperation and patronage are appreciated.