Frequently Asked Questions
- Participants may reschedule their tour for a new date with 7-days’ advanced notice. There are no refunds.
- Participants are expected to behave respectfully to others including, but not limited to guides, other tour participants, members of the public, and towards the property of others, including but not limited to shared facilities and public environment.
- Participants are expected to obey all local, federal, and Commonwealth of Virginia laws. Violations of any law is grounds for dismissal from the tour without a refund.
- Drunk and/or Disorderly Conduct is grounds for dismissal from the tour without a refund.
- Taste Winchester History reserves the right to stop a tour if participants violate the Code of Conduct. No refund will be given, and the participants must pay the full compensation for any damages that might have been caused.
This Code of Conduct is outlined as such and serves as a guideline for all Taste Winchester History participants to follow. We want all participants to have a fun and interesting time and enjoy what Winchester, Virginia has to offer. Your cooperation and patronage are appreciated.
Where does the tour meet?
Exact location will be provided on your tickets.
Do tickets have to be purchased in advance?
Yes – we need to let our breweries and restaurants know how many tour guests to expect so tickets must be purchased at least 4 hours in advance.
How much walking is involved?
We stay within two blocks of the Old Town Walking Mall. Total walking is about a mile as we traverse the mall.
What should I wear?
We will be indoors for most of the tour but will be walking outside to get to the next destination and for quick historical and architectural stops, so please wear clothes appropriate for the weather, and bring an umbrella if rain is in the forecast.
Is this tour good for local Winchester residents?
Absolutely! We tend to find that the closer we live to something the less we explore! Locals will learn new things, and our restaurants often offer new menu items to our guests.
Can I schedule a private tour?
Absolutely! Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All purchased tickets are non-refundable. However, if you can no longer attend on the scheduled tour date, you may change to another date as long as you notify us of your intention at least 7 days prior to your tour.
Are tours appropriate for children?
Food tours are open to well behaved children, parents should use their judgement and knowledge of their children and whether they can handle walking during the tour. Beer tours are only open to adults 21 years of age and older.