Under normal circumstances we tend to limit “Featured Event Monday” to Facebook and Instagram posts. And yes, you can check us out, like and share us and whatever else is done via social media at Taste Winchester History on Facebook; And of course, check us out on Instagram as well at Taste Winchester History on Instagram.
But this event is a great one and so we’re going to do the big blog post listing all of the featured suppliers of our chocolate food delights and chocolate beverage goodness, If there was truly a “death by chocolate,” this special event that occurs this coming Saturday, February 9th, 2019 from 2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. is about as close as any of us are going to get. Old Town Winchester at its chocolate-decadence finest!
And just as a bonus, we’re’ piggybacking off of Chocolate Escape with our Taste Winchester History Specialty Tour – The Valentine’s Day Dessert Tour. <<< Click that link to find out more. So for those of you looking for an easy Valentine’s Date Afternoon – chocolate, roses, and a champagne toast with us. This is especially good if you don’t have an opportunity to make it Chocolate Escape this coming Saturday.
So there are two featured aspects to Chocolate Escape 2019… chocolate samples (foods and beverages depending upon where you choose to go) at roughly 20 destinations in and around Old Town Winchester. But nearly an equal number of shops will not only have some tasty samples, but also be featuring discounts and specials and other activities, too!
So here’s the list of Food and Beverage Establishments and what they’ll be featuring by way of $3.00 SAMPLES this Saturday, February 9, 2019 during Old Town Winchester’s Chocolate Escape:
FIRST, OUR FEATURED FOOD AND HISTORY & HOPS BEER & CIDER TOUR PARTNERS WHO ARE PARTICIPATING:
- Espresso Bar & Cafe: Handmade Truffles; Sample Hot Chocolates (Food Tour Partner)
- Fellowship of the Sip Organic Tea House & Restaurant: Chocolate Ginger Spiced Cake with Chocolate Sauce & Whipped Cream; Drinking Chocolate (Food Tour Partner)
- Fresco Kitchen: Dark Chocolate Cover Bacon with Caramel Sea Salt; Mini Keto Chocolate Lava Cake; Assorted Chocolate Truffles (Food Tour Partner)
- The German Table: Chocolate Caramel Crunch Cake (Food Tour Partner)
- Piccadilly’s Public House: German Chocolate Bombes; Specialty Drink (Beer & Cider Tour Partner)
- Red Fox Creamery: Homemade Mini Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich (Specialty Tour Partner)
- Winchester Brew Works: 4-Ounce Sample of Chocolate Raspberry Big Schloss Imperial Stout (Beer & Cider Tour Partner)
- Kindred Pointe: Wine/Hard Cider and Truffle Pairings & 14% Discount on All Merchandise (Beer & Cider Tour Partner)
- Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum: Offering Chocolate-Related Activities; Hot Cocoa Crafts, Kisses Scavenger Hunt and More (Specialty Tour Partner)
THE REST OF THE FABULOUS FOOD AND BEVERAGE ESTABLISHMENTS:
- 147 North – Death by Chocolate Cupcake; Caramel Hot Chocolate
- The Black Rose – Mexican Hot Chocolate or Traditional Hot Chocolate; Dark Cocoa Cookies
- Brewbaker’s – Cherry Chocolate Brownies; Chocolate Moose Dipped Bacon Knots; Chocolate Moose Cups
- Bright Box Theater – Chocolate Cheesecake Bar with a Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust; Chocolate Turtle Fudge
- Cork Street Tavern – Quadruple Chocolate Tartlet with Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust, and about 5 other awesome things, including Chocolate Beers on tap!
- El Centro Classic Mexican Food & Drink – Chocolate Flan Cake with Chocolate Cake Topped with Caramel Flan
- George’s Food & Spirits – Homemade Dark Chocolate Ice Cream; Individual Triple Chocolate Cakes; Chocolate Creme Brulee; Mini Chocolate Martinis
- Union Jack Pub & Restaurant – Campfire Naan Flatbread w/Nutella Spread, Chocolate Morsels, Mini Marshmallows, and Graham Cracker Crumble; Naan Flatbread w/Nutella Spread, Sliced Banana, Caramel Drizzle
- Village Square Restaurant – Chocolate and Espresso Ice Cream Pave; Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Violino Restaurant Italiano – Homemade Gluten-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles; White Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Water Street Kitchen – Belgian Chocolate Milkshake; Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Now, the list of Food and Beverage Establishments purports to be complete, save for any late additions that we’re unaware of. But please remember, there is an equally long list of retail establishments, specialty shops, museums, salons, and more offering deep discounts and even some with chocolate samplings and ideas of their own!
We hope to see you cruising the Old Town Walking Mall. You know Saturdays are one of our tour days!
So for further information, you can download the flyer here: 2019 Chocolate Escape Flyer