Winchester Specialty Food Tours
Virginia Lovers Tour
Very similarly styled to our annual Valentine’s Tour, guests will enjoy a fantastic tour with your significant other this Virginia Lovers weekend! We’ll be stopping at 4-5 of our locations to enjoy fabulous food, a “sweet treat” feature, PLUS end with a champagne toast and perhaps some other surprises! Only one tour so space is very limited, book early!
Saturday May 9th, 2020, 2-5pm
Did you know we offer private tours? We can plan a tour for your large group whether you have vendors coming into town and need to entertain, are planning a girls weekend or bridal shower, or just need a place to hang with your family and friends we can put a private tour together for you that introduces you to Winchester and our fantastic restaurants and breweries. All on your schedule! Reach out to get more information!
Kids International Food Tour
Coming 2020! We are teaming up with the Discovery Museum to offer a kids food tour and play time! We’ll introduce you and your child to several international cuisines while we learn fun history facts about Winchester, and then you’ll be off to the museum to work off all your energy! Stay tuned! Reach out to get more information!
Misty and Anthony were great hosts of this informative walking/eating tour of historic downtown Winchester. Hideaway Cafe amazing tea and coffee as well as tasty sandwiches. Delightful experience at Fellowship of the Sip to include chickpea scramble, spinach quiche. Off to Benny’s for delish pizza and socializing finishing the tour with some out of this world pumpkin spice latte and treats from Moe’s. Such a mouth watering taste bud adventure as well as some historical tie bits. Highly recommend this to anyone.
September 11, 2018
Our son is playing baseball at Shenandoah University so we will be frequenting the area for the next 4 years 🤞🏼. As small business owners we love to support other small business owners and this tour was PERFECT for showing us hidden gems that even several locals said they had never tried. We appreciated the owners meeting us and telling us all about their wonderful offerings. The food was great, the tour guides were fun & knowledgeable & the owners were gracious. We loved this tour & even made new friends we hope to see on our many trips back to Winchester. Highly recommended!
February 16, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
Where does the tour meet?
Do tickets have to be purchased in advance?
Are children welcome on the food tour?
- Participants may reschedule their tour for a new date with 7-days’ advanced notice. There are no refunds.
- Participants are expected to behave respectfully to others including, but not limited to guides, other tour participants, members of the public, and towards the property of others, including but not limited to shared facilities and public environment.
- Participants are expected to obey all local, federal, and Commonwealth of Virginia laws. Violations of any law is grounds for dismissal from the tour without a refund.
- Drunk and/or Disorderly Conduct is grounds for dismissal from the tour without a refund.
- Taste Winchester History reserves the right to stop a tour if participants violate the Code of Conduct. No refund will be given, and the participants must pay the full compensation for any damages that might have been caused.
- This Code of Conduct is outlined as such and serves as a guideline for all Taste Winchester History participants to follow. We want all participants to have a fun and interesting time and enjoy what Winchester, Virginia has to offer. Your cooperation and patronage are appreciated.