Hey, Taste Winchester History friends, acquaintances, visitors – don’t forget to celebrate the community’s Irish and Scottish heritage at the annual Old Town St. Paddy’s Celtic Festival on Saturday, March 9th, 2019 from 12:00 noon to 9:00 p.m.
This festival is free and activities will take place inside Old Town businesses and along the Loudoun Street Mall (weather permitting).
Below you’ll see the event schedule for the St. Paddy’s Day Celtic Fest
- 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM >>> Bright Box Theater, Capital Celtic – Band
- 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM >>> 50/50 Taphouse, Across The Pond – Band
- 12:00 PM – 5:00PM >>> 1840 Courthouse Lawn, SPCA Children’s Celtic Games
- 1:00 PM – 1:15 PM >>> 50/50 Taphouse, Armstrong Irish Dance Studio Performance
- Throughout the Day on the Loudoun Street Mall >>> City of Winchester Pipes and Drums Bagpipers
- 2:00 PM -2:15 PM >>> 1840 Courthouse Lawn, Armstrong Irish Dance Studio Performance
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM >>> Handley Library, Magic Lantern & Handley Library Present Waking Ned Devine (Comedy)
- 3:00 PM >>> 1840 Courthouse Lawn, Celtic Rhythm School of Dance
- 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM >>> Brewbaker’s Restaurant, Emily Martin & Friends w/ special guest, Brendan Mulvihill – Band
- 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM >>> Taste Winchester History Tour Partner Winchester Brew Works, Merlin’s Beard Band
- 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM >>> 147 North Restaurant, Winchester Celtic Circle – Band
- 6:00 PM – 9:00PM >>> George Washington Hotel, One Street Over – Band
A portion of the proceeds benefit the SPCA of Winchester, Frederick, and Clarke Counties. And the SPCA will host Celtic games for children on the Old Courthouse lawn. The Celtic games will provide fun in a non-competitive atmosphere for lads and lassies ages 3-12.
Also a balloon artist, face painter, dancers, vendors, and bagpipers will be on the Loudoun Street Mall and in Old Town shops and restaurants throughout the day. Enjoy fresh Kettle Corn and have your photo taken Celtic style, in a free photo booth. There will also be alpacas on the Old Courthouse Lawn!
Additionally, back by popular demand this year, the Magic Lantern Theater and Handley Library will co-sponsor a 2:00 p.m. showing of the movie Waking Ned Devine — “a sly Irish comedy about a lottery winner dying of shock in a small Ireland town and his fellow townsfolk attempting to claim the money.”
Have yourselves a fantastic weekend and we’ll see you on tour soon!