History and Hops Beer & Cider Tour
What to Expect on the Tour
You’ll experience Old Town Winchester with a new eye on this tour. Explore the significance of buildings you’ve walked by before, hear about the men and women that made Winchester come to life, and sample beer and cider from the newest breweries along the way.
We’ll make sure you have fun with interesting historical facts, pointing out the best architecture, and telling you the stories behind the brewers and the beer/cider. All of the food and beer/cider is included in the tour price!
Explore 4-5 Unique Stops
Winchester’s eclectic collection of restaurants has been accented recently by locally owned breweries popping up in town. This tour will take you on a taste sensation through samples and stories about how they got started and what you can expect as they grow. Here are a few we might pop into on your tour:
Winchester Brew Works
Escutcheon Brewing Co.
Alesatian Brewing Company
Broken Window Brewing Company
Piccadilly Public House
The German Table
Absolutely wonderful way to spend an afternoon! We experienced a wide variety of amazing food, coffee, and tea. Definitely come hungry, you will not be disappointed! I also learned a lot about Winchester’s history that I never knew before! Anthony and Misty are fun and knowledgeable! What a fabulous, memorable experience!
September 15, 2018
Great way to spend an afternoon: learning about the Winchester Historic District and enjoying samplings from the diverse collection of restaurants in the area. Our Guide, Anthony, was spectacular! Try the meatballs and mashed potatoes at the Fellowship of the Sip. Absolutely delightful!
August 13, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
Can children attend the beer tour?
Where does the tour meet?
Do tickets have to be purchased in advance?
How much walking is involved?
- Participants may reschedule their tour for a new date with 7-days’ advanced notice. There are no refunds.
- Participants are expected to behave respectfully to others including, but not limited to guides, other tour participants, members of the public, and towards the property of others, including but not limited to shared facilities and public environment.
- Participants are expected to obey all local, federal, and Commonwealth of Virginia laws. Violations of any law is grounds for dismissal from the tour without a refund.
- Drunk and/or Disorderly Conduct is grounds for dismissal from the tour without a refund.
- Taste Winchester History reserves the right to stop a tour if participants violate the Code of Conduct. No refund will be given, and the participants must pay the full compensation for any damages that might have been caused.
- This Code of Conduct is outlined as such and serves as a guideline for all Taste Winchester History participants to follow. We want all participants to have a fun and interesting time and enjoy what Winchester, Virginia has to offer. Your cooperation and patronage are appreciated.